How to Enhance Your Smile through a Teeth Whitening Procedure
Your teeth are incredibly porous, and your enamel can pick up stains based on your dietary lifestyle. Black tea, red wine, coffee, and other beverages can stain your dental. As you advance in age, your enamel becomes thin, and your teeth look dull. Teeth staining starts with your tooth enamel. Stains are formed due to a thin coating on your enamel, and the porous surface absorbs stains.
Certain foods and beverages can lead to staining. Smoking tobacco and poor oral health practices may escalate teeth staining. Unprecedented trauma and antibiotics cause stains. Professional teeth whitening can be a viable option for you to remove yellow stains and rejuvenate your smile outlook.
What’s Teeth Whitening Procedure?
Teeth whitening procedures involve using bleaching agents applied on your teeth in a gel, paste, or solution form to whiten your teeth. It’s crucial to consult your dentist on the perfect teeth whitening option to determine whether your teeth and gum tissues are healthy for the process. Underlying oral health conditions may limit you from undergoing teeth whitening. Severe cavities are demeaning and can lead to hypersensitive teeth after the bleaching process.
At Winter Haven Dental, we provide you with exceptional teeth whitening options that are custom-made to satisfy your personal needs. We recommend you undergo in-office and home-based teeth whitening procedures. A teeth whitening procedure transforms your dental outlook and leaves you with a beautiful natural smile. Numerous options can provide you with an appealing smile as provided by your cosmetic dentist.
Who’s the Ideal Candidate for Teeth Whitening?
You’re suitable for a teeth whitening procedure if your teeth are severely stained. The process is non-invasive and highly effective. It’s crucial to inform your cosmetic dentist of your stains’ source to determine the right whitening option for you. You can change your dietary lifestyle after a professional teeth whitening procedure to ensure the results are long-lived. Various reasons may compel you to undergo a teeth whitening procedure, including:
- Having discolored teeth
- Stained teeth
- Tartar or calculus
Various issues may limit you from undergoing a teeth whitening procedure, including underlying dental conditions. Whitening of your teeth may irritate your gum tissues and lead to teeth sensitivity. The process may not be ideal for you if you clench your teeth. Having a fragile enamel or gum tissue line recession may be irritating.
Teeth Whitening Options
There are two approaches used in whitening your teeth. The cosmetic dentist near you can determine the ideal option for you, and the options include:
- Extrinsic whitening is used in removing external stains from your enamel. Wine, tea, and coffee stains are eliminated using the procedure. Your specialist may recommend you avoid abrasive toothpaste that may cause harm to your teeth.
- Intrinsic whitening is used to whiten your interior tooth. A whitening gel lightens your dental and provides you with an appealing smile.
Conventional whitening procedures, including charcoal toothpaste, are not more effective than professional whitening procedures. After polishing your external stains, your exterior tooth will remain stained or yellowed. It’s crucial to undergo a professional whitening procedure to ensure your teeth are appealing. The cosmetic dentist near you can recommend the ideal whitening option for your dental outlook.
Teeth Whitening Procedures
There are numerous teeth whitening options that your dentist may recommend based on the severity of your stains or teeth discoloration, and some include:
- Stain Removal Toothpaste removes stains through the action of abrasives. The unique toothpaste has a polishing agent that’s effective in stain removal.
- Whitening strips contain a whitening gel that’s a useful whitening agent.
- An in-office teeth whitening procedure involves using a bleaching solution and low radiation to brighten your teeth. The same-day process uses a specialized technique that’s efficient to restore your dental aesthetics.
- At-Home Bleaching that involves undergoing a custom-made whitening procedure using trays. There are useful instructions that aid you in your bleaching process and the duration to ensure it’s useful. The option is preferable for you at home and may take up a few weeks. It’s crucial to visit your specialist for a dental exam on your progress.
Discolored or stained teeth may lower your confident smile, and it would be ideal to seek cosmetic teeth whitening procedures. You can revamp your smile through professional teeth whitening from the cosmetic dentistry near you today!